Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Type Setting - Business Card Proofs

Here are some images of the proofs and type I set for my new business cards! I spent most of my time familiarizing myself with the layout of the type cases. The type here hasn't been used in a very long time, so it is somewhat disorganized. I proofed the type by hand, so the actual print is inconsistent--but it looks like I spelled everything correctly! Next step is to print them on the Kelsey platen press. I might actually go back and add some spaces in my name and maybe try to put my website address on it too.



This is the type set inside of the composing stick.


The type is surrounded and padded with wood pieces, called "furniture" and two metal wedge-shaped objects, called "quoins".


Here are a few images of the type cases. That piece of paper is my "cheat sheet" that tells me where the type goes inside of the case.






No comments: